We are privileged to work in a multi-cultural school where our children come from diverse heritage backgrounds. We are driven to ensure that every child, their family and carers, are welcome and their cultures and beliefs are valued and celebrated. Our goal is to inspire our children to have a thirst for learning and to enjoy exciting experiences. We aim to ensure our children develop essential life skills; resilience, perseverance, courage, motivation, inclusion, trust, creativity, tolerance and empathy. Our mission is for all children to be happy and to feel safe in our friendly and caring school. We strive for our children to become independent, aspirational, caring young people, who reach their full potential and are well prepared to go out confidently into the world and embrace all life has to offer.
Most of our staff in school are either parents, grandparents, aunties or uncles; the aspirations we have for your children are the same as we have for our own.
We aim to:
• Promote a calm and creative atmosphere where cultural diversity is celebrated throughout.
• Provide all our pupils with a structured and disciplined framework – one where success is celebrated, challenges are set and met and where learners feel safe and are not afraid to take risks
• Continually improve standards of teaching and learning focusing upon literacy, numeracy, scientific investigation, and developing pupils’ ability to use ICT tools effectively.
• Provide a broad and challenging curriculum that provides variety and equal opportunity for all pupils, allowing individuals to develop progressively and at their own rate
• Provide planned educational opportunities that teach pupils about responsible behaviour in order that they will mature into people who will make valuable contributions to our diverse and multicultural world and the environment we are to live in
• Involve parents and the community in the daily life of the school to achieve common goals through partnership
• Offer all staff and others involved in the school the opportunity to continually develop their own skills, knowledge and understanding in order to meet both the school and their own needs