Welcome to 5H!
Year 5 is a busy one and we have had a jam-packed timetable since the start of the year.
Autumn Term Highlights
* Work on the Tudors and the human body.
* Exploring the work of significant author, Michael Morpurgo.
* Celebrating Black History Month through work on Martin Luther King and Olaudah Equiano.
* Ice skating lessons at the Capital One Arena.
* Visits to the local library in Hyson Green.
* Creative dance sessions with Jay Pollitt.
* Raising money for Children in Need and Macmillan Cancer Support by dressing up / decorating cakes.
Spring Term Highlights
* Exploring and writing traditional tales and instructional texts.
* Performance poetry.
* Investigating rivers, the changing state of water and the water cycle.
* Swimming lessons at the John Carroll Leisure Centre.
* Celebrating our achievements and learning how to be more successful in school through work with visitor Tamba Roy.
* Raising money for World Book Aid by dressing up as story characters on World Book Day!
* Exploring the Amazon Rainforest
* National Science week, which included visits from staff and students at the University of Nottingham for two ‘BrainLab’ workshops –
interactive sessions studying the brain and how it works.